Hi

Suggestions, complaints

Hi

Postby Lalie2000 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Lalie and I'm french.
I'm here because I would like to speak, read and progress in english. I'm used to playing "Scrabble", it's funny but very difficult in english !
I love lot of things like reading, writting, cinema, Nature, animals and lot of others things.
I hope to have found a forum which can correspond to my waits, and find here nice persons.

Sorry for the faults ! :alien:
Lalie2000

Re: Hi

Postby Lalie2000 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Is there anybody in there ?
Lalie2000

Postby Lensa » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Hi Lalie! Welcome to MyEnglishForum! :)
What is "Scrabble" and how to play it? Never heard of this game!
Your English is quite good! I am not a native speaker as well. My language is Russian and UKrainian, and I am from Kyiv, Ukraine! Which city are you from? :alien:
We are all celebrating an International Women's Day here, so everybody is partying! :alien: :lol:
Lensa
Site Admin

Postby ashokrai » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi Lalie!----I love scrabble too! but nobody likes to play with me :(-----I just watched a French Horror movie last night----it was called "Frontier(s)"---very crazy and scary movie----The French are starting to make some great horror movies----I think Martyr's introduced the world to French Psychological Horror films a few years back----Do you enjoy horror movies?---I also watched a great romantic comedy called "Cemetery Junction"----it was great!---I usually do not watch romantic comedies but this one was very funny-----It is a British comedy----very funny if you can understand the Brit's use of slang :) --- anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay here on this forum.
ashokrai
Admin Moderator

Postby Lalie2000 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:22 pm

Yeah, nice to meet you ! :)

@ Hi Lenza : Scrabble is a game which consists in forming words on a railing. We can play it in 2, 3 or 4 persons. Every player has seven letters and has to try to make the longest possible words. When he can put his 7 letters on the railing, he makes a « scrabble ». I love to play it in French and try in English. But it’s not easy…
I’m from Lyon – next to the Alps – in France.
Of course, it's the International women's day and everybody is partying…where I have the mind ? :lol:

@ Hello Ashokrai : I don’t know the movie « Frontiers » and you don’t give me the envy to know it :wink: Apparently that frightens :shock:
I love movies of Terry Gilliam, Stanley Kubrick or Gus Van Sant – do you know them ?

Good evening… bye.
Lalie2000

Postby ashokrai » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:33 am

Stanley Kubrick directed a film by one of my favorite authors...ARTHUR C. CLARKE http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_C._Clarke---Clarke is an amazing writer and Kubrick did an amazing job directing the film adaptation of the film 2010 http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_:_L%27Ann%C3%A9e_du_premier_contact ...yea, most women I know do not enjoy watching horror movies with me :(---It has taken me years to find a girlfriend that likes to watch horror movies with me!! :D---BTW, Stanley Kubrick also directed a very twisted psychological horror: A Clockwork Orange http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_m%C3%A9canique....I watched this movie when I was too young to understand, so it always left me feeling disturbed. :?
ashokrai
Admin Moderator

Postby Lalie2000 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:05 pm

I don’t know very well horror movies, and generally it do not attract me. Nevertheless, I’ve loved « The others » an Amenabar’s movie, with Nicole Kidman. Do you know ?
I’ve seen « A Clockwork Orange » when I was 17 or 18. Very strange and violent story ! Today still, i find this movie disturbing.
« 2001 space odyssee » is one of my favorites movies ! Despite my diffulties to understand the end (i don’t know for example, if the time is cyclic with this planets which are babies) i find this movie extraordinary.
I love too science fiction movies or novels. Isaac Asimov, George Orwell, Ray Bradbury, Pierre Boule, are among my favorite authors. Do you know them ?
Thanks for your answers… there isn’t lot of people here. It’s a pity !
Bye… have a good day…
Lalie2000

Postby ashokrai » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:21 am

I love Asimov :)---one of my favorite authors---second after Clarke---Most people know Asimov from "I Robot", but his "Foundation" series is really awesome!
ashokrai
Admin Moderator

Postby easylsl » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Hii everyone i m Kasia Parascandalo, Product Manager from Malta. I m here to give my suggestions about how to learn English and also to interact with all the members and learn about them :)
easylsl

Postby bofichen » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:12 am

While her coaches and teammates were confident she could win, Christian didn't think much about it either way."Everybody kept telling me I was going to do well," Christian said. "I didn't expect to win, and I didn't expect to lose.""We all knew she could run faster than her seed time," Pragluski said.And she did. Even though she was a bit overwhelmed by the size and magnitude of the champion meet, she posted a personal best time en route to winning the 100 meter title."I didn't know what it was," said Christian, referring to the biggest meet in the Greater Springfield area. http://www.fortrxtraining.com
bofichen

Postby Uttam Gosh50 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:07 pm

Hi My name is Amit and i am a yoga teacher in Rishikesh. If any one is looking for yoga please contact me.

Thanks
Uttam Gosh50

Return to About My English Forum