”It’s a part of our jo

Questions about English Pronunciation

Moderators: ashokrai, Englishuser

”It’s a part of our jo

Postby elaine95 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:42 am

LeBron James is approaching a deadline that may be little more than a starting line.

Not just for him [url=http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-will-dissly-jersey]http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-will-dissly-jersey[/url] , but for free agency around the league.

The NBA’s most impactful player has until 11:59 p.m. Friday to decide what to do with a $35.6 million contract option for next season with the Cleveland Cavaliers. If he declines the option, which is what’s expected to happen, James will become an unrestricted free agent and another Summer of LeBron will heat up instantly with the Los Angeles Lakers becoming a possible destination.

Cleveland, too, would still be in the mix as James could sign a short-term deal with the Cavs. He has done that each season since returning in 2014.

If James exercises or picks up his option, the three-time champion would be under contract next season with the Cavs, but that would not preclude the Eastern Conference champions from trading him to acquire assets to build for the future.

As of late Thursday afternoon, James had not informed the Cavs of his plans while reports about his future filled Twitter timelines and talk radio programs.

The real games haven’t begun.

James, who has kept a low profile on social media for months, has been on vacation with his wife and three children, giving him a chance to recover from perhaps the most exhausting season of his career and plot the next chapter.

The 33-year-old has long been linked to the Lakers [url=http://www.authenticsdenverbroncos.com/cheap-courtland-sutton-jersey]Courtland Sutton Color Rush Jersey[/url] , partly because he has two homes in the Los Angeles area along with a film production company. There’s also the fact that the Lakers have enough salary-cap space to sign James and another maximum-contract player like Kawhi Leonard or Paul George and form a ”Super Team” capable of competing with the reigning champion Golden State Warriors.

The first major free-agent domino fell Thursday as George decided not to exercise his $20.7 million option for next season with Oklahoma City, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity. ESPN first reported George’s decision.

For now, George is set to hit the market when free agency officially begins at 12:01 a.m. Sunday, but he may not go anywhere. The Thunder can offer him more money and George could get a five-year, $176 million and stay in Oklahoma.

It’s unclear what affect, if any, George’s decision has had on James and his plans. The two are good friends and there’s little doubt they would relish the opportunity to play together after competing against each other for years.

As for Leonard, there’s little clarity on his troubled relationship with San Antonio. It remains unclear if the Spurs are willing to trade him and if they are willing to part ways with him, where he would land.

For James, the dilemma is whether to leave his home again. Upon his return to Cleveland four years ago from Miami, James said it took time away to realize what he was missing.

”My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball [url=http://www.chargersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-uchenna-nwosu-jersey]http://www.chargersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-uchenna-nwosu-jersey[/url] ,” he said. ”I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now.”

James also said he always felt like he would come back to Cleveland to finish his career where it began.

But that was before the Akron native led the Cavs to four straight Finals and won Cleveland’s first professional sports title since 1964. If Decision 3.0 is to go, James feels content.

”I came back because I felt like I had some unfinished business,” he said following Game 4 of the NBA Finals. ”To be able to be a part of a championship team two years ago with the team that we had and in the fashion that we had is something I will always remember. … It ended a drought for Cleveland of 50-plus years, so I think we’ll all remember that in sports history.”

AP Sports Writer Tim Reynolds in Miami contributed to this report.

Rob Gronkowski gets to play in this year’s Super Bowl after missing last year’s game with a bad back. Zach Ertz gets the chance to match his wife, Julie , a soccer star who’s already won a world championship.

Super Bowl 52 could come down to which of these terrific tight ends shines brighter.

The two had similar statistics and impact on their team’s fortunes this season.

Gronkowski led the New England Patriots with 69 catches for 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns.

Ertz led the Philadelphia Eagles with 74 catches for 824 yards and eight TDs – double his previous career best.

Ertz also has 11 grabs for 125 yards in the playoffs and Gronkowski has seven catches for 102 yards and a touchdown in the playoffs despite missing most of the AFC championship against Jacksonville after taking a helmet-to-helmet hit from Barry Church before halftime.

That led to concerns Gronkowski might miss his second straight Super Bowl. He was sidelined for last year’s 34-28 overtime win against Atlanta after undergoing back surgery.

Gronk, however, returned to practice Thursday and said he is ”ready to roll” after clearing the concussion protocol.

He said he never doubted he’d get to play Sunday.

”There was no reason to get frustrated,” Gronkowski said. ”We had that extra week, which was awesome.”

The return of the All-Pro tight end gives Tom Brady another key option against a punishing Eagles defense that ranked fourth in the league.

”He’s a dynamic player. He means a ton to our offense. He really has since he got to our team. It’s always great when he’s out there [url=http://www.cincinnatibengalsshop.com/cheap-jessie-bates-iii-jersey]Jessie Bates III Color Rush Jersey[/url] ,” Brady said.

”I’ve played with him a long time, I’ve thrown him a lot of footballs. He knows exactly what to do, he knows where to expect the ball, when to expect it. He’s just a tremendous player for our team.”

Ertz is just as important to Nick Foles and the Eagles’ offense.

The fifth-year pro made his first Pro Bowl this season, leading all NFC tight ends in receptions. He added eight catches for 93 yards in the NFC championship game against Minnesota.

Despite his breakout season and postseason, Ertz knows he won’t be the best tight end on the field Sunday. Gronkowski led all NFL tight ends in receiving yards for the fourth time.

Gronk is the gold standard.

”He’s a beast after the catch, I think that kind of separates him from all the other tight ends,” Ertz said. ”And he’s also able to be open even when he’s not open because he’s got such a big frame and extremely good ball skills. And obviously Tom Brady is a phenomenal quarterback, too, but even without Tom, I think he would still be doing the same type of things regardless of where he was.”

Ertz knows the numbers off the top of his head [url=http://www.authenticsbuffalobills.com/cheap-josh-allen-jersey]Cheap Josh Allen Jersey[/url] , too.

”He has all the (single season) tight end records in the league,” Ertz said. He’s got the yards – 1,327 – and he’s got the touchdowns – 17 – he’s just a phenomenal player.”

With a pair of Super Bowl rings.

That’s what Ertz really covets, a world championship like the one his wife won in 2015 as a midfielder for the World Cup-winning U.S. national soccer team.

”Julie won a World Cup two years ago,” Ertz said, ”so I need to hold up my end of the bargain.”

The ”It” couple in the NFL was married last March after a romance that started when Julie, then Julie Johnston, was an emerging soccer star at Santa Clara and Zach was playing at Stanford.

The two were apart when the Eagles clinched their spot in the Super Bowl with a 38-7 victory over the Minnesota Vikings. Julie was in San Diego for a national team match against Denmark. She was among the players who scored in the 5-1 victory.

Afterward, when she was told Zach was going to the Super Bowl, she burst into tears .

”Zach knew I was there obviously in spirit and I was praying for him and I was excited for him and cheering him from miles away,” she said.

”It’s a part of our job and we sacrifice a lot [url=http://www.authenticsjacksonvillejaguars.com/cheap-tanner-lee-jersey]Tanner Lee Color Rush Jersey[/url] , and time’s the biggest thing. But to find out that they are going to the Super Bowl was amazing, exciting, emotional. It’s really cool to see your loved one’s hard work pay off.”

Ertz said it was hard for him watching other players’ celebrate with their wives ”but seeing that video kind of showed me that she was struggling not being there, too.

”And it was extremely difficult for us not being together like it is anytime we’re not together. But she’s here now, I’m lucky she’s here. I’m blessed that she’s here and I’m excited hopefully to be able to experience that again.”

elaine95

Return to English Pronunciation / Английское произношение