No kidding?!

Need some help with Russian - English translation? Ask here! Нужна помощь с переводом Русский - Английский и наоборот? Спроси здесь!

Moderators: ashokrai, Englishuser

No kidding?!

Postby Siyangephoyadx » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:47 am

You guys will translate for me? I would like to send short notes to my son's former orphanage in Ukraine. When I was there, no one spoke much English. If you will do that for me, that would be awesome. I don't know anyone here who speaks Russian or Ukrainian.
http://www.about1year.blogspot.com
Siyangephoyadx

Re: No kidding?!

Postby Lensa » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Hey, Siyangephoyadx!
I think our Russian speaking forum members would be able to help you with short notes translations :)
Lensa
Site Admin

Postby Siyangephoyadx » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:19 pm

I have a question. My son's former orphanage is in Mykolayiv Oblast in Ochakiv. I know there is still a Russian military base there, and I believe my son spoke Russian while he was growing up and told us that he often couldn't tell (or remember) the difference between Russian and Ukrainian. However, what I understand is that the country is trying to return all areas to speaking Ukrainian. I wonder, though, would it be better to have notes translated into Russian or Ukrainian for the director:?:
Siyangephoyadx

Postby Lensa » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:56 pm

For the director of the orphanage?
I don't think it makes a big difference. Russian language is more spoken in Mykolayiv city. In Mykolayiv oblast there is more like a mix of languages. In Ochakiv, I think, Russian is also spoken more than Ukrainian. But nearly everybody in Ukraine understand Ukrainain, even if they don't speak it.
Lensa
Site Admin

Postby Siyangephoyadx » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:12 am

Thanks. This is the note I would like to send:

Ochakiv Boarding School of I-III levels
for orphaned children and children deprived
of parental care of Mykolaiv Regional Board,
56 Lenina St.,
Ochakiv, Mykolaiv Region, Ukraine 57500

Dear Director [I still have to get her name]

It will be two years this April 17 that we have had our son home with us. While he was with you, his name was Mykola Tymoshenko. I write to you now to thank you for taking care of him while he was with you, and to thank you for helping us bring him home. I am happy to tell you that his English is excellent and that he is making mostly A's and B's in school. Enclosed, please find a recent school photo.

Sincerely,

I will sign my name. If you will translate the above note for me, I will copy and print it and send it from here. Thank you so much for helping me. Please let me know your fee for this service and I will find a way to send it to you.
Thank you.
Siyangephoyadx

Postby harley » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:38 am

I think that this question is very good.
harley

Return to Russian - English / Русский - Английский