Favorite European Cities?

Open discussion of anything relating to travel

Moderator: ashokrai

Favorite European Cities?

Postby MereMortal » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:37 pm

This is a tough one, because there should probably be a favorite to visit, as well as a favorite to live in. :roll:

My favoirite city to visit in Europe would have to be Prague... :!:

What is your favorite European city??

If you could choose any city to visit, which would you choose??

MereMortal 8)
MereMortal

Hehe!

Postby mil_a » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:02 pm

I was thinking about Prague last night :D (good choice !- I would rather chose, as well), friend of mine -she is living there for about 4 years ..... I was there twice, maybe I don't remember how exactelly it looks like, but I could still "feel the essence" of ..... :)

:D :D :D
"...one million ways to burn - choose one..."Ursulla Rucker
mil_a

Postby MereMortal » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:14 pm

......cool Mila..... :lol: please tell her hello from MereMortal!

I was in Prague on Millenium 2000....that was pretty cool. There were over a million people in the Center.

The thing that impressed me about the city was so many beautiful squares.....one right after another. You would think you're in the center of everything and find out you've only just begun to discover the beauty of the city.

It's too bad it's becoming so overrun with tourists.
Another city I'd like to spend more time in is Riga.
Mila, what is your favorite area of Poland? :?:
MereMortal

Favorite area

Postby mil_a » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:16 am

......hm....It's one place in Poland where my soul is truly free ........
B-izzare
I-nconveniente
E-ternal
S-ometimes
Z-one of
C-abaret or
Z-one to
A-nother
D-imension
Y-ippee!

and I've got only two cities which I like the most : Gdansk ( on the sea-side and Wroclaw ).
If I'm right to remember Prague was almost always overrun with tourists, but You're right - now (in the last few years) it's getting worst , maybe it's kind of fashion to go there(?), live is not expensive for people from abroad, and this City is well-known thanks to high level of education......
I'm going to Prague in October so ....... I will not forget about saying 'hello' :wink: .
mil_a

Postby divine » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm

mil_a, nice to meet you :D
I share your opinion about Bieszczady's Mountains (I'm afraid I forgot the propriate way to write the name of Polish mountains in English :lol: ) This is magical place, isn't it?
What else I like in Poland... I may surprise you, but I like Warsaw, too. I needed some time to grow fond of it, but now I like it very very much.
See you soon, I hope :P
Divine
divine

travelling

Postby mil_a » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:20 am

Hi)Divine!

.... You not surprise me saying that You like Warsaw, but I cannot imagine myself living there....Bieszczady --- ....for me still undiscovered...
.......and sorry for this short message -I really need to take a nap.speak to You soon :!:
mil_a

Hi Divine

Postby mil_a » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:22 am

..... promise is a promise :wink: ... (about Warszawa) probably it's slightly the same situation with me , I like being in crowdy London(for example), but when I'm completely "fed up", I'm feeling some kind of nostalgia for such as places as Bieszczady etc .................

greetings
mil_a

Postby Mr.mockingbird » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:53 am

hi eveyone, :D

I will also talk about my opinion. :D I have't even thought about the favourite city so far. I think the most enjoyable city is the most simple one. I hate the overcrowded metropolis. I think that the most charming cities are the most unknown. These cities are situeted in valleys among the mountains. In my country there are many of this kind as it is surrounded by the Carpatians. :D The metropolis is for Bussiness wo-men. I am also aware that in big cities are many opputunities to find a job or to have acces to many relevant institutions such as library, cinema, theatre, the huge shopping centers and so on. But the most appealing city is the natural one where you can hardly find enormous buildings such as skyscrapers that sometimes can shade half of the city.

good bye, :D
Mr.mockinbird
Mr.mockingbird

Re: Hi Divine

Postby divine » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:10 pm

mil_a wrote:..... promise is a promise :wink: ... (about Warszawa) probably it's slightly the same situation with me , I like being in crowdy London(for example), but when I'm completely "fed up", I'm feeling some kind of nostalgia for such as places as Bieszczady etc .................

greetings

Hi mil_a :)
Nice to hear you again. You've said about crowded Warsaw. You are absolutly right assuming this city like that. But it isn't crowd that I like the most in my place in the world :wink: First of all I praise very high that here are so many cultural events. For example last week in the Warsaw's Old Town was a jazz concert given by John Taylor. Two weeks earlier there was Christopher Titz concert. Both musicians were in Warsaw for the very first time :P I am happy that I can enjoy such events (it was free of charge - what's more :wink: ). I know that Warsaw isn't as beautiful as Vienna, for instance. But history of Warsaw (especially the Warsaw Uprising) is what never happend in other European capitals. Well, I'd better stop, because I start being sentimental.
Best wishes,
Divine
divine

Hello Divine!

Postby mil_a » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:24 pm

.......after Your short reflection about Warsaw I've started to thinking about being there- what I think in general about "places to live" (espacially when (i can say this) we are living in "century of nomadism") it all depends on "what we take from it ".......(reffering to Your interests in music , for instance - this is one of the reason way I like Wrocław, and London............ but I'm feeling under my skin that I'll settle down in a small City...........................but never say never :)

best wishes
mil_a

Postby divine » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:30 pm

Hi Mil_a :D
Nice to see you again on this forum, especially that we both are from Poland :D
As we are talking about living in different places, bigger ones or smaller, I feel that I must add something to be frank with you. The truth is that I'm OK when I am with people who I love, so it can be equally in New York and in Wetlina (you know where it is, don't you :D ) But I always try to find positive sides of a place where I actually am. Now I live in Warsaw - and I enjoy it. Earlier I lived in different places, and it was also a good experience for me. I don't know where I will live in a future. A few of my close friends have moved to UK. I miss them. Some of them want to come back to Poland and some of them decide to stay there for good. They propably feel there as at home.
I have an impression that sometimes our experiences from being somewhere depend on who we are with. Those who moved to UK with their families, they feel safe and comfortable. Those who left their families here want to come back. What is your opinion, mil_a?
I'm glad we can talk here :D
Cheers,
Divine
divine

Postby MereMortal » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:24 pm

:lol:

Most Americans consider Krakow as Poland's "best" city.

Do the Polish people think so also????

MereMortal .........is back :o
MereMortal

Postby Mr.mockingbird » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:17 am

HI, :)

I hope I do not irritating you If I also tell my opinion. I think that the best places are the ones in which we live. It is nice everywhere but the most beautiful and delectable is our region or town. Am I right?

best wishes,
mr.mockingbird
Mr.mockingbird

Postby divine » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:42 pm

MereMortal wrote::lol:

Most Americans consider Krakow as Poland's "best" city.

Do the Polish people think so also????

MereMortal .........is back :o

Hi MereMortal,
Kraków is said to be one of the most interesting places in Poland, indeed. A long time ago it was Kraków that was the capital of Poland. Now Warsaw is our capital. Allegedly there is a kind of competition between this two cities to this day.
I'm from Warsaw and... it's funny but I don't like Krakow. So it must be something in this case :oops:
divine

Postby Shark » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:55 pm

Mr.mockingbird wrote:HI, :)

I hope I do not irritating you If I also tell my opinion. I think that the best places are the ones in which we live. It is nice everywhere but the most beautiful and delectable is our region or town. Am I right?

mr.mockingbird

I don't think so...I can't wait until the end of studying. It will happen in a year and I finally leave my native town for Kiev..
I hate my town.. it is situated in the depths of the country, too far from the centre and it's like a dead water, because there is no moving here...and people are boring...
( sorry, my English has to be improved..that's why I'm here)
Shark

Next

Return to Travel