I am a maintain engineer

English for engineers, scientists, historians, biologists and everybody who wants to know Technology and Science terms and phrases

Moderators: ashokrai, Englishuser

I am a maintain engineer

Postby xiushengguo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:43 pm

I am a maintain engineer.I have more 10 years equipment management working experience and 3 years working experience in auto industry.I experienced in mechanical ,electrical and hydraulic integration maintenance.I familiar with cnc laths,injection machine and robot.My objective is maintenance manager.I hope anyone can communicate with me.
xiushengguo

Re: I am a maintain engineer

Postby Lensa » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Wow, cool, Xiushengguo! Where are you from?
Lensa
Site Admin

Postby xiushengguo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:32 am

Hello,lensa.I am from ningbo, china.It is chinese new year now.We have spring festival holiday between Feb.2nd to Feb.8th.
xiushengguo

Postby Lensa » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:58 am

Happy New Year, Xiushengguo! :) Have a nice one!!!
Lensa
Site Admin

Postby xiushengguo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:04 pm

Hello,lensa,you are welcome.
Many people feel nervous about interviews,but there are a lot of things you can do to help yourself.Here are some of my favourite tips for successful interviews.
1.prepare for the interview.
Do some research about the company so that you can talk knowledgeable about it.Try to predict what questions you will be asked,and prepare your answers.To help you do this,look at the job advertisement and job description/person specification if you have them,as well as your cv and covering letter.Some general questions you might be asked are:
Why do you want to work for this company?
How would you describe yourself?
what special skills and talents can you bring to this position?
How would your manager describe you?
What did you learn in your last job?
Give an example of a work problem that you have been able to solve.
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
What is your long-term career plan?
Make sure you can answer these questions.Practise pronunciation of difficult words and if you know the name of the person/people who will be interviewing you,make sure you can pronounce them properly.
xiushengguo

Postby xiushengguo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:19 pm

2. try to make a good first impression
Wear clean,well-fitting clothes which are appropriate for the job and company you have applied to.Smile,make eye contact and give a firm handshake.Sit fairly uplight in your chair and sit still.Speak clearly and confidently.The interviewer will probably start by asking you some general questions to make you feel relaxed.Don't worry about being nervous--it's normal--but don't let you nervous stop you from giving full answers to questions.
xiushengguo

Postby xiushengguo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:06 pm

3.give full answer to questions
The interviewer is asking you questions because he wants to know more about you,so don't mumble or give one-word answers.Don't memorise answers and repeat them word for word.This sounds mechanical and boring,and you will get stuck if you are asked a question which you havn't prepare for.You will give a much better impression if you speak naturally.Make sure you answer the question that was asked,and try to give specific answer with examples.For example,if the interviewer asks you what you leant in your last job,you could say:in my role as assistant manager,I improved my organisational skills as i was responsible fororganising the work schedule of 10 full-time and 5 part-time staff.But don't give so much detailed information that you become boring.
xiushengguo

Postby amjadkhan0988 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:46 pm

[quote="xiushengguo"]Hello,lensa.I am from ningbo, china.It is chinese new year now.We have spring festival holiday between Feb.2nd to Feb.8th.[/quote]
what about upcoming festival of feb 2012?? 8)
amjadkhan0988

Return to Technology and Science English